Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Meh...

I'm bored - I'm not going to lie to you.

So bored that I'm watching the live scoring of the Phillies/Rockies playoff game on ESPN.com. This is not a live picture of the game - basically a live box score. Now that's bored.

I'm also looking up costs and waiting times for rotator cuff surgery. Thanks to the new Nintendo Wii system I have (and the baseball game that comes with it) I can barely lift my arm above my waist. In baseball circles I'm suffering from what's known as a 'dead arm' - my shoulder is rotating between numb and throbbing.

If you've never played a Wii you'll think I'm just being a baby. If you have, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I really don't have much of anything to say.

I felt obligated to post something today... and unfortunately this is what you're getting.

I'm actually looking forward to watching some playoff baseball tonight. Not much of a baseball fan in the regular season but in the playoffs the games seemed to get plugged into a 10,000 watt generator and I get sucked in.

In fact, I'm much more excited about watching baseball tonight than I am about watching hockey.

I really have no interest in seeing any particular team win. I'm happy as long as the Yankees and to a lesser extent, the Red Sox, lose.

Maybe I'll jump on the Cubs bandwagon - I wouldn't mind seeing them win.

Well that's it, I'm gonna go do... something. Watch for this week's Sweet, Sweet Fantasy Baby later today.

2 comments:

Jeff K said...

The dreaded Wii. I know exactly what you are talking about. I played about 6 solid hours of Wii tennis at my friends house (on his projector...which is awesome), and I could barely move my arm the next day. I wish I could say that was the only part of me that was sore...but I discovered all the muscles I use in my Wii tennis game.

I have decided that there are two kinds of in shape. You can be in shape...and you can be in Wii shape. Unfortunatley, I am neither.

Damn the stupid addicting Wii and the physical toll it takes on you. Don't you miss the days where ten hours of NHL '94 would only result in sore thumbs and hand cramps.

Luke said...

The worst I ever got from NHL '94 was a blister and carpal tunnel.

The first time I played Wii Boxing I think I became the first person to have 174 concurrent heart attacks and live to tell about it.