Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

...I got nothing to say.

...Some days it seems like there are a thousand things more important than sports that I should be writing about. But then I think that people also need diversion from those "more important" things sometimes - and I suppose I'm ok with providing that.

...Have you seen this latest coach tirade yet? It's college football coach Mike Gundy of Oklahoma State, after a win I believe. Honestly, I don't really know the specifics of the situation but good for him for standing up for his team. But check out the video at the 2:25 mark, you won't laugh harder all week, I guarantee it.

...And since we're on the subject of coach tirades - you know what that means. This is quickly becoming my trampoline bear - there are probably 3 people out there who got that joke.

...Just for the heck of it.

...The NHL season starts next week? I am not ready for hockey at all.

...Are these NHL games in England part of the pre-season or the regular season?

...I see the NHL is picking up right where it left off - Steve Downie tried to decapitate Dean McAmmond last night...see for yourself. I said a few months ago that if something isn't done about hits to the head a player will die on the ice within 5 years - now I'm thinking more like 3.

...Ottawa head coach John Paddock had a great quote about what Downie did to his player, "I don't know what they can do with a player who's probably going to be in the minors. But it was one of those totally unnecessary [hits]." (from cbc.ca) I like Paddock already.

...And apparently Vancouver goalie Roberto Luongo is going to quit hockey if the NHL decides to increase the size of the nets - read for yourself from ESPN.com.

...This is already adding up to be a bad start for the NHL.

...Well I was right about Sherko Haji-Rasouli of the B.C Lions being suspended for one game and Rob Murphy being fined. Apparently Eric Tillman got fined 1,000 bucks for his smart mouth as well.

...What happens if the Roughriders finish 9-9 and don't get a home playoff game?

...What do you people out there want to see for NHL coverage? I honestly have no idea how I'm going to do it. Suggestions are welcome and needed. With all the major sports running at once I'm going to be running out of hours in the day. I'm going to have to find a sponsor...soon.

...Hopefully you'll see something about the new NHL jerseys here tomorrow.

...'Til then.

No comments: