Friday, September 7, 2007

Artist of the Week

This week's Artist is Final Fantasy. I've mentioned him before in AOTW about the upcoming concerts in Regina, but never formally featured him here.

His actual name is Owen Pallet and he writes the strings for The Arcade Fire, which I think is how most people know him. But he is a phenomenally talented musician with his own body of work and he does some of the coolest covers around:

Mariah Carey's "Fantasy"

Bloc Party's "Modern Love"

Arcade Fire's "No Cars Go"

You can also check out his Myspace site at: www.myspace.com/owenpalletmusic

He's also in Regina on October 16th - so keep your eyes open for that one.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know much about stuff like music or football, but I gotta say this guy is something else. He even has one of those recording machines like my arch music nemesis Danny Michelle and to try to do any cover of Mariah Carey you gotta have talent to step up to an 8 octave range.
I'll be there on Oct. 16th, where-ever that maybe.
Ben Folds myspace was pretty cool to see as well while on the Youtube.

Mr. Mayo.