Thursday, November 8, 2007

Upon Further Review - Week 9 in the NFL (Part 2)

A few quick things this morning before I get to my preseason picks for each team.

First of all, I wanted to let everyone know that Sports As Life now has its very own domain name - we are now: www.sportsaslife.com - you can still get here using the old Blogspot address. But I think the .com address is a little snappier.

Also, the first incarnation of the official Sports As Life store is now up and running. The website for the store is: www.cafepress.com/sportsaslife - and with the strong Canadian dollar, there's no time like now to buy. There are only a couple of things up there right now but I'm hoping to add more in the next couple weeks - remember Sports As Life merchandise makes great Christmas gifts. There isn't a T-shirt design yet - I'm almost thinking I'm going to have a contest to design the official shirt.

The last thing I want to say is that Trebor, Sports As Life's Head Fantasy Writer, and I were having a discussion last night and he brought up who is going to be the Comeback Player of the Year - it's gotta be Randy Moss. I'm upset with myself for not thinking of him.

Ok - now for the look back at the pre-season predictions for each team. I'm still not sure how to approach it. I really have no desire to get caught up in a 4,000 word epic - so I'm going to try and keep it short and sweet.

AFC East
Buffalo... My prediction was 5-11 and they're 4-4. If not for 2 last second losses they would be 6-2. Unless they tank down the stretch, looks like this is going to be a little off.
Miami... My prediction was 6-10 and they're 0-8. I knew they were going to be bad - but who knew they'd be this bad.
New England... My prediction was 13-3 and they're 9-0. Just like the bizarro Miami, I knew they were going to be good - but who knew they'd be this good.
NY Jets... My prediction was 7-9 and they're 1-7. Yeesh, I guess this year's schedule was harder than I thought.

AFC South
Houston... My prediction was 4-12 and they're 4-5 right now. Unless they lose their last 7 games this one is going to be off. Houston is better than I thought they'd be - but not by much.
Indianapolis... My prediction was 11-5 and they're 7-1. I really underestimated the way Indy's defence was going to play this year. Indy and New England are just head and shoulders above every other team in the league.
Jacksonville... My prediction was 8-8 and they're 5-3. I honestly have no idea about this team - they could end up right around that 8-8 mark.
Tennessee... My prediction was 3-13 and they're 6-2. Wow, I was way off on this one. Vince Young hasn't been anything to write home about but their defence is just smothering.

AFC North
Baltimore... My prediction was 12-4 and they're 4-4. If they don't run the table, and they won't, I'll be off on this one. Both their offence and defence look old and tired.
Cincinnati... My prediction was 11-5 and they're 2-6. And I can't get over how bad this team is, especially defensively.
Cleveland... My prediction was 3-13 and they're 5-3. Alright, they're better than I thought they were going to be - I admit it. Just switch my Cleveland and Cincinnati predictions and we'll call it even.
Pittsburgh... My prediction was 11-5 and they're 6-2. This is the one prediction in this division that I might actually come close to.

AFC West
Denver... My prediction was 10-6 and they're 3-5. This team should probably be 0-8, if not for 3 last second field goals. I don't even mind that I got this one wrong.
Kansas City... My prediction was 5-11 and they're 4-4. Thankfully they're better than I thought they were going to be - although not by much.
Oakland... My prediction was 5-11 and they're 2-6. The Raiders are who we thought they were.
San Diego... My prediction was 13-3 and they're 4-4. The Chargers could still end up winning the division but I can't believe how bad they look at times.

Ok - that's it for the AFC. The NFC should be up later today, or possibly tomorrow.

No comments: