Friday, November 16, 2007

The Links

I've gotta be honest - I really don't have any Links for you this week. Well, that's not entirely true - I do have one. Be warned, this could potentially give you nightmares - but it's one of the most interesting things I've seen/read in a long time. And I saw it on Deadspin.com first, but I thought I should put it up for everybody here too:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/11/12/wtree112.xml

You didn't believe me when I said it would give you nightmares, did you? Now what do you say?

Anyway, Sports As Life is eagerly awaiting Jeff K (from Music, Movies and TV) to come on board here. Sometime in the future he is going to be taking over the Friday "entertainment" columns. And now that I've actually stated it in print, for the record - without him actually confirming this with me - he's definitely on the hook to write for Sports As Life. But hey, it's an unpaid gig and until such time as I can actually compensate everyone for writing on Sports As Life, real life will be coming first.

Since I don't really have any links for you today I thought I might talk about the downside of High Definition TV. Lately have I actually had the chance to watch a few things in glorious HD - and for sports, there's no other way to watch. But seeing close-ups of people in HD can be a terrifying experience. The one I want to talk about in particular is TSN's Jennifer Hedger. Now in standard definition she is a very attractive woman. But in HD... yikes... she looks like a demon falcon with not enough skin. Terrifying.

No comments: