Friday, September 5, 2008

32 Teams in 30-Some Days - Cleveland Browns

The Cleveland Browns




"When I went to Cleveland they said where you been
When I'm unconditional with my loving
And at the C-L-E-V-E...L-A-N-D
And we get bucked on the block block block block"

- Cleveland is the City
- Bone Thugs 'N Harmony


OVER-RATED *clap clap clap-clap-clap*

OVER-RATED *clap clap clap-clap-clap*



You'll forgive me if I haven't fully bought into the whole Browns Experience yet. One solid year against a powder-puff schedule and suddenly they're the next AFC powerhouse? I think I'll let YouTube express my feelings on their chances this year:



For their efforts last year, the Browns are going to be on TV this year more than Jeff Probst and his struggle to retain relevance. I suppose that would imply he had relevance to begin with. FAILED METAPHOR. And I have a feeling they're going to lay a few steaming piles on national TV.

The only thing to really like about Cleveland this year is their offensive line. Their quarterback already has a concussion, their star wide receiver already has a foot injury and their star tight end is more injury prone than Mr. Magoo with osteoporosis.

The Verdict
The Browns are going to show why you never, never get your hopes up about anything - nothing good can come of it. And you will surely end up disappointed in the end. On the plus side, if there is ever an Ambigously Gay Duo-NFL Quarterback Edition, Brady Quinn will be Gary to Jeff Garcia's Ace.

No comments: