Thursday, September 4, 2008

32 Teams in 30-Some Days - The Cicinnati Bengals

The Cincinnati Bengals




"Baby, if you've ever wondered,
Wondered whatever became of me,
I'm living on the air in Cincinnati,
Cincinnati, WKRP.
Got kind of tired packing and unpacking,
Town to town and up and down the dial
Maybe you and me were never meant to be,
But baby think of me once in awhile."

- WKRP in Cincinnati


So Chad Johnson has legally changed his name to 'Ocho Cinco' eh? That sounds about right.

You'll forgive me if I think that is going to be the high point of the Bengals' season.

This team used to have a lot of talent didn't it? Didn't it? Wow, things can change quickly in this league. Now the Bengals are going to be a bigger disaster than... than... I don't know, the Hindenburg or something - it's late, I'm tired... I got nothing.

The Bengals two star receivers are injured and one is certifiably insane. Their quarterback is regressing so fast he'll be a single-celled organism within the year at this rate.

And there is just no defence to speak of at all.

The Verdict
The Bengals are going to have to outscore teams this year because that defence isn't stopping anybody. Unfortunately, I don't think they have the weapons to light it up anymore.

No comments: