Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Around the Rim

Ed Note: I neglected to give Trebor credit for this new feature when I posted it this morning.


Football is now dead to me after the Cowboys lost*. No more stories about Jessica killing the Texas dream, making it 12 years since they won a post season football game. I could start watching hockey but… that’s not going to happen. American Gladiators is only on once a week... so basketball it is. *I will still follow football, the chance of seeing Favre beat the Patriots for his last game…

So I was thinking of doing a link-style page for those who want to have some idea of what’s happening but don’t want to watch highlights. There will be college, pro, women's (you may consider that pro but…)

Start off with something for the ladies. Last week Oregon State vs Arizona. Now I know better than to put a clip of women's b-ball up cause no one even watches it, but the story behind it is good. How the game was so close really is the intriguing part, did the coach even bother playing zone or just triple the girl with the ball and double the other one. The smallest bench I’ve seen is 8 and I believe that was Riley with the Miami Heat???

Speaking of the two, the Heat are in the news of late. Yes Shaq is hurt, no surprise there though with all his icy/hot pads you think his back would be better… or maybe it’s the fast acting pads that caused the problem. Wade is injured, don’t know what injury it is now but he’s hurt and with no reason to try anymore... who cares.

The big news is that they will be playing a quick pick up game against the Hawks. 52 seconds… How do you coach that? Okay guys we just have to go out there for 52 seconds, just try to play through the pain???

I think the game should be played after they play a full game cause that would be more realistic. What happens if Shaq isn’t available to play, he is the reason why they are playing again, or maybe the Hawks are out a couple of starters??? Maybe there is a reason this hasn’t been done since 1982.

52 sec may seem like a life time if you're Joakim Noah. How much would this suck if your team, who is probably the biggest disappointment this year, said no, we don’t want you to play. Maybe they weren’t joking about his job being to get the doughnuts. Almost feel sorry for the Gator and his "Patty Mayo" hairstyle… almost.

If you feel sorry for Noah how about this guy. Apparently no one told him it was kids night and the whole gangster buffalo didn’t really go over well. Really, I would have never guessed. Maybe if it was in New york or LA then things would be ok. Hell the kids have probably seen him on the street before selling ‘blue magic’, but in wholesome Colorado. Here is a rendering of what he may have looked like.

Who not to feel sorry for… AK-47 better known as Adrei Kirlenko (plays with Utah). That’s a pic from his New Year's Eve party. The interesting part is apparently his wife says that as long as he tells her when he’s sleeping with groupies that’s okay. Her reasoning is: if I say no, he can’t sleep with other women then it’s like telling a kid he cant have pizza… they want it even more. You turn your back and the kid is eating pizza. I wonder if I can use that logic… hmmmm ... no better not - I do enjoy having my testicles attached to my body.

Since it started with Jessica I’ll end with Jessica. -- "Don’t worry J-SI, everyone hated me at first too and now they love…me. What was that? They don’t love me, they just put up with me cause the Spurs are winning and for half the game the Jumbotron is on me? Well at least they are still looking at me. I guess I better stop wearing that ugly Spurs hat and just go with something simple.”

*note - this last part was very tough, looking through all the Eva pictures and trying to decide which one to post….phew…tough work, but somehow I managed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe on a bad hair day after 4 years of no hair cuts that's what my hair would look like. Noah's hair is all nappy and I fight hard against the frizz. That's what my hair looks like when it's under a toque and then it stays under the toque.

Anonymous said...

Maybe on a bad hair day after 4 years of no hair cuts that's what my hair would look like. Noah's hair is all nappy and I fight hard against the frizz. That's what my hair looks like when it's under a toque and then it stays under the toque.

Anonymous said...

Patty-two-time, Patty-two-time!

TH


TH

Luke said...

He's gonna go get the papers, get the papers.