Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Thanks for 1000

Well as many of you have noticed Sports As Life has hit 1000 views. The number might actually be slightly higher, as my counter seems to be about as accurate as Kerry Joseph in a wind storm (sorry, old habits you know) - I think the actual number is closer to 20,000...well maybe not. There also seem to be multiple people claiming the title of '1000th Viewer' - again, blame the counter and you can also fight it out amongst yourselves.

But I do want to say thanks to everyone who has stopped by over the last 6 months. I doubt I would still be doing this if it wasn't for you. I know 1000 hits doesn't sound like much in the grand scheme of things but if far surpasses any expectations I had for this site. And I know I said that about 500 hits as well, so I'm even more blown away by 1000.

Things are also starting to pick up around here. It took 117 days for Sports As Life to go from 0 to 500 hits and 43 days for it to go from 500 to 1000 hits. I'm not sure if we can keep that pace up but it's something anyways. The exposure from Sask Blogs has help, although that site has been down for the past few days - not sure what is up with that. Also hopefully the Mysask.com thing will get rocking and we can be a part of that. We're also still thinking about getting some podcasting off the ground, so hopefully that'll come together too.


Wow, it feels like there should be something else I write about today but there is literally nothing going on in the sports world. There is nothing happening today except the new Harry Potter movie coming out. And the last two days have featured and unwatchable All-Star game (MLB) and home run hitting contest.

Thankfully its only two weeks until NFL training camps open and then the real football season starts.

No comments: