Friday, July 13, 2007

The Links

Based on the fact that the ESPY Awards are going to be airing this Sunday I wanted to throw up a bunch of the parodies they've done over the years. I seem to recall a really funny one with Vince Vaughn as a sports agent for children. However, exhaustive YouTube and internet searches didn't really provide much material...

...except this one and I can't even take credit for it. JK (not Rowling) sent it to me this week and I had never seen it before. This was what gave me the idea for the ESPY-themed links. So thanks to him.

...Cooper just sent this to me. Is this what passes for high-level science in Japan?

...and continuing with today's Flight of the Conchords theme I thought I would throw a few songs of theirs up here. There is some debate as to whether this is called Sally or Part-time Model but it's good nonetheless. I rather enjoy the line about the flautist in this song. And I suggest you do this next time you are about to get mugged - and if you live in Regina it's probably not far off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the tire ski jump clip was awesome. i was actually getting into especially when the 4th tire just crushed the other ones getting a distance of 44m. Then the monster truck wheel destroying the course.....very good tv.