Monday, August 25, 2008

32 Teams in 30-Some Days - Tampa Bay Buccaneers

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers




I'm the screen, the blinding light
I'm the screen, I work at night

I see today with a newsprint fray
My night is colored headache grey
Don't wake me with so much
- Daysleeper
, REM


Hey - that was the best I could do. You try to come up with something clever to say about Tampa Bay, who's slogan I believe is, "The only Florida city that's not Miami with no major theme parks - and no, Busch Gardens does not count." Trust me, there's not much to work with.

And speaking of not much to work with, how 'bout them Buccaneers?



I'm not sure of much going into this NFL season, but I am sure of this - the Buccaneers will not win the NFC South again. The Saints and Panthers both got better and the Bucs just sort of stayed the same and got a year older.

Jeff Garcia has been hurt most of the preseason and he's no spring chicken to begin with - although Brian Griese has looked pretty good in relief.

And I'm not sure when we all decided that Ernest Graham was a viable #1 back but apparently that's the case now, as Cadillac Williams now runs like a Yugo.

Tampa's defence will probably be solid again - although their days of dominance are long gone. They did lead the league in pass defence last year though.

The Verdict
It seems like Tampa made the playoffs last year by default - somebody had to make it from the NFC South. And they really made no moves to improve a team that was "just ok". And I think that's where they'll be again this year 7-9 or 8-8. Unfortunately a couple other teams in their division got better and leap-frogged them I think. But when it comes to possibly gay football players, Tampa's got the best in the business.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the Riders should acquire Jeff Garcia from TB. It appears they are in the market for recycled QB's. I hope this QB move works out for them. I think Damon Allen is still available.........

B