Wednesday, August 27, 2008

32 Teams in 30-Some Days - St. Louis Rams

The St. Louis Rams




"Mmmmm, you can find me, in St. Louis rollin on dubs
Smokin on dubs in clubs, blowin up like cocoa puffs
Sippin Bud, gettin perved and getting dubbed"

- Country Grammar
, Nelly


That's right kids - it's a 32 Teams in 30-Some Days two-for today. Those 30-some days are quickly running out and I've got some catching up to do. And hey - it's the NFC West, how much can I really say about these teams anyway.

The good news for the Rams is that it probably can't get any worse than last season. 3-13 is almost as bad as it can get, unless you're the Miami Dolphins of course.

The other good news for St. Louis is that they won't be pulling guys off the street to play on their offensive line - at least not yet anyway. They were just decimated by injuries on the line last year. Although their center is already out for the season - possibly a sign of things to come?

Marc Bulger and Tory Holt are probably still going to be Marc Bulger and Tory Holt. I really hate the fact that Stephen Jackson missed all of training camp and might not play in the preseason. I have a hard time believing he's going to be at full speed once the season starts.

One guy I'm really looking forward to watching is Chris Long. I think it'll be interesting to see which of the defensive linemen picked in the top 5 has the better year - Long or Glenn Dorsey.

The Verdict
Better. But far from the greatest show on turf they used to be. When healthy they probably have the offence to stay in most games. But I just don't think they have the defence to stop many teams. 6-10, 7-9 sound about right?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some news to pass along that I thought you might be interested in...

Chad Freihauf was released by the Riders today. Too bad I always wanted to see what that freakishly tall QB could do.

Luke said...

AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!

/shakes fists at sky