Friday, December 28, 2007

I Predict A Riot - Week 17 in the NFL

Since it's the last week of the NFL regular season I decided to actually write something about the Week 17 picks - but then I looked at the games this week, and 3 or 4 actually mean something. So I'm not wasting my time and yours writing about Kansas City at the Jets. I don't suspect anybody is actually around to read them - but that's no different than what would normally happen anyway. If nobody reads a blog, does it actually exist?

Me being the curious type that I am, I decided to compile the results of the football picks through the first 16 weeks of the season. The tally so far is 161-81. And while being right almost twice as much as I'm wrong is nice, I still think it was a bad idea not to pick the games based on the point spread. On the slim chance that I'm doing this again next year, the spread will definitely be included.

And now, the last regular season Riot of the year...

New England
Seattle
New Orleans
Cleveland
Green Bay
Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Carolina
Houston
Minnesota
San Diego
Kansas City
Arizona
Washington
Pittsburgh
Tennessee

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Weak.
I feel excluded as one of the skeleton crew workers in the office today. I thought when you said you didn't want to write about the chiefs and dolphins, you'd still write about the 4 games of interest. What about the pats hoopla, and the fact that tomorrow's game will have close to super bowl sized numbers? Or the ridiculousness of having it played on two major networks, plus the NFL network? I think belechik will give the big F-U to america and pull all the starters after getting a 21 point lead in the first quarter. Ruin it all for the people paying $260k for a box at teh game.

CH

Luke said...

There is absolutely no denying that was a brutal effort. Unfortunately some actual work came up, so it cut into my original plans. I promise a better showing for the playoffs.