Wednesday, February 6, 2008

There's No Accounting for Taste - Fatherhood Edition

Trebor is still watching bad T.V so that you don't have to...


Alright, so last week instead of watching The Moment of Truth I watched Snoop Dogg’s Fatherhood. Great choice! I’ve always been a Snoop fan. One of my first CD’s was Doggystyle, which I still love by the way. Then he was gone for awhile, possibly in jail??

He came back without the gangsta' stuff and was just a really tall black man who smokes a lot of weed, out to have a good time. He started making up his own language... for shizzah my nizzah. And the videos/songs he came out with were just fun... S-N-double O-P-D-O-double gizee … I wonder if he started the whole spelling as a means of singing that Fergi Ferg does in every song now.

Anyway back to Snoop and the cameras… this isn’t his first stint… he had the whole Girls Gone Wild thing a couple years ago. He toured around in a black bus, and I think the videos were called Snoop Dogg’s Dogpound or Doggystyle… something like that. In this one he’s on A&E with his wife and 3 kids.

I missed the first 2 episodes but this one was called Bend it Like Snoop. He’s trying to teach his kids how to play fooootball (soccer), but they prefer football. Snoop kept calling it fooootball, really dragging out the double o’s. So to try and get his kids interested there was a thing with Beckham.

However, the thing that had me laughing and will ensure I watch it again was this: at the beginning his wife calls a meeting with all the assistants and help and managers. The jist of it is that she doesn’t like Snoop eating all that Roscoe’s Chicken she wants her family to start eating better and it starts with him.

Well let me tell you, Snoop likes his chicken and when the assistant says how about some sushi instead… his reaction was what you would expect… sushi, do I look like I want to eat some dead fish or whatever it is, get me some Roscoe’s… there’s a few... well lots of words that were beeped out.

Some other stuff happens and in the end he goes to Roscoe’s to show Beckham what good food tastes like. He starts ordering the potatoes and gravy and lots of chicken and at the end, egg whites “my wife wants me to start eating healthy so I’ll just get the whites”

Waitress comes out puts a plate of salad in front of Snoop and “ what the… where’s my chick…” he looks up to see that it’s his wife. Now was it expected probably, but when they were showing Beckham, with the please get me out of here face, it was pretty good.

Snoop tried backpeddaling with, I did order healthy stuff... Beckham what did I order ??? “He ordered egg whites” - that’s the only thing David said throughout the entire exchange. The rest of the time he just looked down and ate his salad.

So I recommend checking this show out, you're sure to get a laugh or two.

2 comments:

Luke said...

I haven't seen this much stereotyping since Blacula fought Blackenstein.

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you do it Trebor. Surely there must be something else on tv. Perhaps ballroom dancing on PBS? CNN? Anything? It's a slippery slope, and i think you're falling into the pit of half-staged, all garbage reality TV.

Maybe you could write weekly columns on Lost. Won't be much of a commitment since there are only 6 more episodes until it abruptly stops in the middle of a season.

CH