Friday, May 23, 2008

Are you troubled by strange noises in the middle of the night?

Do you experience feelings of dread in your basement or attic?

I know I do, which can only mean one thing - the CFL season is right around the corner.

All 6 of you who have read Sports As Life in the past know my feelings on the CFL... the only place in the world an aging, former safety can be the league MVP. And the rouge - oh how I love the rouge.

However, I have made an executive decision to overhaul Sports As Life into strictly a football blog - which, let's be honest, it pretty much was anyway - so the start of the CFL season means the start of Sports As Life season again.

Trying to write something "clever" about all the major sports was a pretty unwieldy task, so I've decided to streamline. While I enjoy watching basketball and baseball, I just don't follow them closely enough to consistently write about. And hockey... don't even get me started. Hockey is for stupids and you'll never convince me otherwise. All this week I had planned on writing something called The One Year No-Hockey Diet - but I just never quite got around to it.

So if you're like me, football season just can't come fast enough. I'll even settle for watching OTA's on the NFL Network for the love of Pete!

And as always, I think rouge's are going to tell the story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that SAL has survived the purge, streamlined the fleet and has lived to soldier on.

Yes bring on the football, enough of these sissy sports.

B.